Audio Technica BPHS2 Broadcast Stereo Headset
• Low-profile closed-back, on-ear design provides excellent isolation and fit
• Proprietary 45 mm large-aperture drivers (the same used in the ATH-M60x)
• Hypercard. Dyn. Mic. with frequency response tailored for broadcast
• Low-impedance design delivers high output level from any headphone output
• Available in with XLR + 6.3mm terminated cable or unterminated cable
• Available with a cond. Mic. (BPHS2C) and as a single-ear headset (BPHS2S)
Created especially for news and sports broadcasting, this rugged stereo headset offers highly intelligible and commanding vocal reproduction, along with a comfortable fit and excellent sound isolation. Its low-profile, closed-back, on-ear design is based on the ATH-M60x professional monitor headphones and includes the same 45 mm large-aperture drivers, and premium, memory foam earpads and headband, giving users a high-fidelity headset that’s built to last.
The headset’s hypercardioid dynamic microphone keeps the pickup focused on the broadcaster’s voice, even in loud environments, and is tailored to reproduce that voice with a rich, broadcast-ready sound. The microphone sits at the end of a rigid boom with a strong, flexible gooseneck section that allows the microphone to be easily adjusted and then stay in place. The boom is also designed to swivel forward and back so that the headset can be worn with the mic positioned on either the right or left side.
The headset comes with a 3.3 m (10.8') detachable cable (BPCB2) with a TA6F connector at the headset and, at the output end, a 3-pin XLRM-type connector for the microphone and a 6.3 mm (1/4") connector for the headphones. An unterminated version of the cable (BPCB3) is available separately.
Also available: Stereo Broadcast Headset with cardioid condenser microphone (BPHS2C) and Single-Ear Broadcast Headset with hypercardioid dynamic microphone (BPHS2S).