|Innovation in every detail
The Cyclone is the result of more than a decade of continuous development.
Our design and engineering teams have focused on each component to build an all-new windshield system from the ground up.
Everything has been considered, nothing overlooked because to design a windshield system this advanced, everything counts. Alone, every one of these
advancements is a performance breakthrough. Together, they are the Cyclone, the world’s most advanced microphone windshield and shock-mount system.
Quick and easy, through innovation
The Cyclone has been designed with ease of set-up and use as a priority for the location sound professional. The windshield basket design uses a magnetic
Z-Locking System that can be opened and closed in the blink of an eye – using just one hand. Reassembly is automatic as components magnetically snap into perfect alignment.
Greater wind protection
The structure was developed using state-of-the-art design tools with computer-generated simulations to generate a frame that achieves the ideal balance of location robustness with minimal weight.
With an aerodynamically efficient asymmetric shape, it is covered with our new-age 3D-Tex® material. This provides enormous benefits in terms of surface
turbulence and acoustic impedance resulting in such a level of wind noise reduction that a fur cover is unnecessary.
Shock isolation from every perspective
Any structure can transmit mechanical vibrations and radiate them as acoustic noise. Moreover natural resonances, dependent on materials and mass, will
amplify certain frequencies and give this a characteristic spectrum. Windshield baskets are no exception, so a small proportion of handling noise links to the microphone through the air, bypassing any immediate suspension system.
While Rycote uses its industry-leading Lyre® microphone suspension to reduce the bulk of shock and handling noise, the Cyclone takes the Lyre principle and
incorporates it in a Floating Basket Suspension. This innovative technique provides vibration isolation between basket and pole, thus attenuating handling noise at source.
- Radical new design and shape delivers a new pinnacle in audio transparency, wind noise and handling noise isolation.
- Lightweight, durable construction, designed with materials to withstand extreme field conditions.
- Featuring 3D-Tex® delivering massive wind noise reduction without needing additional fur coverings.
- Basket Z-Locking design, with magnetic locking, provides instant, one-hand microphone access with automatic, self-aligning basket reassembly.
- Swivel latches provide additional basket security for extreme environments and run-and-gun applications
- Increased acoustic transparency, and no parallel surfaces to minimise room-tones, provides a clean frequency response.
- All-new, patented Floating-Basket Suspension with Lyre technology for reduction of windshield basket handling noise.
- Industry-leading Lyre Microphone Suspension with Universal Lyre webs (19-25mm) includes spares.
- Supplied with ultra-soft, flexible Mogami cable, fitted with gold pin Neutrik XX-series XLR connectors.
- Output male XLR locked in angled position on lightweight boom adaptor, allowing internal or external pole cables and plug-on transmitters to be attached securely.
- Compatible with optional Cyclone Windjammer for extreme wind isolation performance.
AT 4073, BP4073, AT897, AT877
CMIT 5U, SuperCMIT 5U
MKH 416, MKH 60, MKE 600
ECM 670, ECM 678
Max. Weight of Mic:
|Shotgun or rifle microphones
250 mm – 280 mm
19 mm – 25 mm
XLR 3-pin Female
XLR 3-pin Male
||50 dB (without Windjammer)
>60 dB (with Windjammer)
Measured total power – 10Hz – 20kHz, no weighting, under real wind conditions
||Substantially flat (+0db, -3dB)
Measured differential twin microphone technique, 10Hz – 20kHz
Dependent on microphone type and LF band shaping
||Safe operating range:
Min. -20°C (-5°F) – Max. 38°C (100°F)
Weight: Cyclone Kit (No Windjammer):
Weight: Cyclone Suspension Only:
Weight: Cyclone Kit with Windjammer:
Weight: Windjammer Only:
|470 mm (18.5 inch)
330 mm (13.0 inch)
157 mm ( 6.2 inch)
220 mm ( 8.7 inch)
640 g (22.5 oz)
323 g (11.3 oz)
835 g (29.4 oz)
195 g (6.8 oz)
||Neutrik XLR female 3-pin (NC3FXX-B Gold pin, black casing)
Neutrik XLR male 3-pin (NC3MXX-B Gold pin, black casing)
||Mogami W2697, Flexible PVC jacket 2.5mm OD x 290 mm
Conductors – twin conductors, 16/0.08 A – 28 AWG
Ultra-soft Silicone sleeve, 5.0 mm OD x 190 mm (from XLR3m)
Fully RoHs Compliant, Pin-1 to shell linked
||Brass, 3/8″ UNC female
To suit 3/8″16 UNC male & 3/8″ BSW