Frequency Conscious Gating, Limiting, and Expansion,
master of the analogue dynamics processor, Drawmer now brings its
expertise in noise gates, expanders and compressor/limiters to the
Mackie Digital 8�Bus.
- Left and Right input levels. -15.75dB to +16dB in 0.25dB
- Input VU meters. -42dB to 0dB.
- Faders for quick parameter control. All thresholds and levels are
in linear dBs, but other controls are scaled to a user friendly law
which minimizes 'fine tuning' and allows a wide range of
- Mem A and Mem B Presets. You can instantly recall two preferred
- Noise Gate. Operates like an audio switch, and is particularly
suited to percussive signals, where it can shape the envelope to
create a crisp, well defined signal.
- Triggering. Click on to toggle selection of trigger sources. In
Stereo mode, the gate can trigger from either the Left or Right
channels, a mono signal generated Left + Right or MIDI.
- Envelope Controls. Control the speed at which the Gate opens and
- Gate/Duck switch. When Duck is selected, the operation is
reversed, so that when the signal is above threshold, the output is
attenuated. Below Threshold, the signal passes un-attenuated.
The ADX100 provides either a Noise Gate or an Expander. Use the
Noise Gate to shape the envelopes of percussive signals, such as
drums. For vocals or other expressive signals, the Expander may be
better suited to the task, since it can track the signal levels
instead of simply switching on and off.