The Zoom H5 Handy Recorder provides four tracks of simultaneous recording and, like our flagship H6, it can use all Zoom interchangeable input capsules, allowing you to choose the best microphone for every
recording situation. The flexible and powerful Zoom H5 provides everything you need to create multi-track recordings, audio for video, and state-of-the-art podcasting, broadcasting and electronic
Zoom H5 X/Y recording allows you to cover a wide area yet still capture sound sources in the center with clarity and definition, making it ideal for all types of
live stereo recording. The Zoom H5 X/Y microphone capsule included with the H5 provides two matched unidirectional condenser microphones set at a 90 degree angle.
These are housed within an advanced shock-mount that employs rugged external mic wires and rubberized material to isolate the unit from the H5 body and thus minimize vibration and handling noise.
handy recorder also provides everything you need to connect with the outside world. Dual combo XLR/TRS inputs that can handle both mic- and line-level signals allow you to connect external microphones and line-level devices like mixers, portable music players,
effects processors, and electronic keyboards—even electric guitars or basses equipped with active electronics.
There are lots of output options as well. A dedicated Line Out with adjustable
volume allows you to send a stereo audio output from the Zoom H5 to the mic input of a video camera or other device without the need for an attenuator cable. In addition, there's a separate headphone output
with a dedicated volume control.
You can use both outputs simultaneously to route audio to your DSLR while monitoring over headphones.
Just 2 AA batteries—either alkaline
or rechargeable NiMH—are required for power. When using alkaline batteries, the Zoom H5 will operate for more than 15 hours, even while recording continuously. You can also use an optional AC adapter to power
the H5 without batteries. The Zoom H5 records directly to SD and SDHC cards up to 32 gigabytes.
• Uses a system of interchangeable input capsules that
can be swapped out as easily as the lens of a camera
• Includes detachable X/Y capsule (XYH-5) with extended signal capacity and shock-mounted mics for reduced handling noise
• Compatible with
all Zoom input capsules
• Four-track simultaneous recording
• Large backlit LCD display
• Records directly to SD and SDHC cards up to 32 GB
• Up to 24-bit/96 kHz audio in BWF-compliant
WAV or a variety of MP3 formats
• Two mic/line inputs with XLR/TRS combo connectors, each with selectable phantom power and -20 dB pad
• Analog-style gain controls for each input
"roll-bar" type covers prevent accidental movement of gain controls
• Plug-in power (2.5 volts)
• Built-in effects, including low-cut filtering, compression, and limiting
• Chromatic tuner and metronome
• Auto-record, Pre-record, and Backup-record functions mean that you'll never miss that perfect take
• MS decoding
• Multitrack to stereo internal mixdown
Normalize, Divide, and Trim editing
• Voice memo and up to 99 marks per recording
• A/B loop playback
• Variable playback speed and variable pitch without affecting
• Multichannel and stereo USB audio interface for PC/Mac/iPad with loop back function
• Mountable to DSLR or camcorder with optional HS-01 Hot Shoe Mount
• Uses two standard AA alkaline or NiMH rechargeable batteries
• Over 15 hours of operation with alkaline batteries