Appliance for Small and Medium Businesses
||The 5big Storage Server is a professional desktop file-sharing server for small to medium- sized office environments. It is designed to manage demanding file-sharing activities for 25 to 100 PC, Mac, or Linux
workstations, even though it can manage more. The 5big Storage Server also offers seamless, transparent integration into any SMB IT infrastructure thanks to Active Directory support.
For a full range of accessibility, the 5big Storage Server supports
major network protocols such as SMB, AFP, NFS, and iSCSI. Additionally, HTTP and FTP accessibility means that your data can be accessed from anywhere, and iSCSI support allows you to mount the 5big Storage Server’s shares as a local disk, bringing
performance and flexibility for your business applications. You can also use the 5big Storage Server as a backup target for your PCs, Linux workstations, and even Macs since it is Time Machine compatible.
Powered by Microsoft Storage Server 2008 Standard Edition, it supports DFS-N, which aggregates shared folders from multiple servers, creating a single entry point to your data and simplifying network complexity. In addition, by automatically replicating data
from one file server to several others, DFS-R makes 5big Storage Server the ideal solution for branch offices. It also supports Microsoft’s Bitlocker® encryption to protect your data against theft. Additionally, you can take advantage of its dual
Gigabit Ethernet ports to do link aggregation.
Thanks to its five RAID-protected disks, the 5big Storage Server offers up to a huge 10TB of internal capacity, and stored data are accessible even if one disk fails. Additionally, simply connect
external hard drives through USB and eSATA connections to scale up capacity or use the integrated backup engine to protect the server’s data. The 5big Storage Server also features data deduplication to limit the ever-rocketing quantity of unstructured
data generated by a high number of users. Despite its high performance, it includes an ultra-quiet Noctua fan, allowing you to place the product wherever you choose – including on a desktop.
- Up to 10TB file sharing and iSCSI appliance for SMB and branch offices
- Powered by Dual Core hyper-threaded 1.6GHz Intel® Atom™ processor
- Compatible with Windows, Mac®, and Linux
- RAID protection, data deduplication, file remote replication, built-in back up engine
- Full support for Mac including AFP, Time Machine®, and Spotlight®
|1TB | 5TB | 10TB
- Item Number : (5TB) 301532U I (10TB) 301533U
- Interface : 2 x Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000 Base-TX
- Operating System : Windows Storage Server 2008 SP2 Standard Edition Includes Microsoft .NET Framework
- Processor/Memory : Processor: Dual-core Intel® AtomTM processor D510 (1.6GHz)
Memory: 2GB DDR2-667 SODimm
South-Bridge: Intel® ICH9-R
Network: 2x Intel® 82574L Gigabit Ethernet Controller
- Expansion Ports : 1 x eSATA 3 x USB 2.0 (type A) 1 x VGA
- RAID Modes : Software: RAID 0**, RAID 1/5/5+Spare (hot-swappable) Independent Multi RAID volumes
- Backup Solutions : Advanced backup and restore of server running Windows Server 2008
Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) and block-level backup technology
Support of optical media and removable media
- Special Features : Distributed File System (DFS-N DFS-R)
Time Machine® compatible
BitLocker® drive encryption
Enhanced search indexing
BITS server extension
Native iSCSI target
Single Instance Storage
- Administration : Native integration with Windows domains (Active Directory)
Remote desktop administration
Public/Private Shares with Quota management
Unlimited number of users
- Network Service : File Server: SMB, FTP, HTTP, AFP, NFS
DHCP, DNS, SMTP, Web, Print, Fax, Application server, Spotlight®
Support Telnet, IPv6, iSCSI, IPP, iSNS, SNMP
- Transfer Application : Server to Server synchronization (DFS-R)
Background Intelligent Transfer Service
Remote Desktop Services
- Environment & Power : Advanced power management options
Energy-efficient process with Level 5 power supply
Recyclable: Aluminum, ROHS compliant
- Cooling System : Ultra-quiet cooling system with self-stabilizing oil-pressure bearing technology
- Dimensions (WxHxD) : 173 x 196 x 220 mm / 6.8 x 7.7 x 8.6 in.
- Weight : 7.62 kg / 16.8 lbs.
- Comments : * EN 1TB (Terabyte) = 1000GB. 1GB = 1,000,000,000 bytes. Total accessible capacity varies depending upon operating environment (typically 10–15% less).
** Hot-swapping is not available in RAID 0.
*** Available for download from the Microsoft website