|This model has been discontinued, please refer
to new model PVM-741
Sony PVM-740 is another leap in Sony imaging technology. Using the
new OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode) technology, blacks are
black. Contrast is mesmerizing and your picture never looked so
good. Incorporating Sony's "STE" (Super Top Emission) structure,
the PVM 740 can display extremely wide gamut colors and repel panel
glare so that "on set" or "in the field" viewing is simple and
accurate. Sony PVM-740 also includes other features that make it
the favorite for view and framing camera images. The new "Flip"
feature can swap the image horizontally, vertically, or combined so
that over and under 3D rig viewing is a simple push of a button.
The SD/HD/3G input is not an option so even display of HD 60P
images is a snap.
The chassis is made of cast aluminum for durable in field use and
includes a protection panel for the OLED so that rough handling has
no effect on performance. The small size of Sony PVM 740 allows
usage in various applications including ENG/EFP, OB Van, Editing
Systems, and Monitor Walls. By employing a 960 x 540 16:9 OLED
panel, contrast is as never seen before and image lag is a thing of
the past. Picture quality is excellent both indoors and outdoors.
Additionally Sony PVM-740 incorporates Sony's ChromaTru color
processing which allows Sony PVM740 to accurately display images as
SMPTE, EBU or ITU-R BT709 color standards. Sony PVM 740 comes
standard with one composite, one auto detecting SDI/HDSDI/3G input.
One HDMI input, internal waveform monitor, AC power adapter, and
¼ and 3/8 holes for camera mounting.
- OLED Display Technology - 960 x 540 Panel Resolution
- 4:3 / 16:9 Aspect Ratio Selection
- Monoaural Speaker
- Adjustable Color Temperature (High/ Low/ User)
- Parallel Remote
- Scan Mode (Over, Full, Native)
- Removable Protection Panel
- Mono/ Blue only mode
- Various area markers, including a center marker and aspect
- Three Color Tally
- Seven language on-screen menu
- 3 mode power system - AC100V, DC12V, Battery Adaptor
- Flip display for use on 3D rigs
- Composite input / output standard
- 3G SDI input / output standard
- 3G SDI input auto-detects between SD-SDI, HD-SDI and 3G SDI
- HDMI Input standard
- Peaking feature for exact camera focus
- PC input signals through HDMI input (HDPC compatible)
- Cast aluminum chassis and display protection panel for rough
- Silent mode for on set use when fan noise is not tolerable
- Seven assignable "F keys" for instant access to most any
- AC, DC, and battery operation. AC adapter is included
- Internal Waveform monitor with -4%, 0%, 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%, and
- Internal audio monitoring including graphic bar display and
Sony's new STE OLED panel
blacker, gradients are smoother, motion is fluid, and picture
performance greatly improved.
Emission (STE) Technology
exclusive Super Top Emission Technology provides a brighter panel
with longer life, lower power consumption, and combined with
special color filters which increases color saturation while
rejecting outside reflections that would interfere with the picture
when used in outdoors applications.
||3D is now the
focus on many productions, so tools that fit this requirement are
always welcome. New to the Sony monitor list of features is an
image flip function. This is required when 3D camera rigs are using
half mirrors to help simplify acquisition. The image can be flipped
horizontally, vertically or both.
picture quality and stable color reproduction
imaging achieved with 960 x 540 pixel , 7.4 inch OLED panel using
10 bit drivers.
*Black levels lower and more defined than CRT (when compared to
Sony BVM-D9H5U 9" CRT monitor).
*Multiple color gamut display (SMPTE C, EBU, ITU-R BT709).
*10 bit professional display engine.
*New panel stability system.
input signal support through standard inputs
SDI, Composite and HDMI included