for Ease of Use
• User friendly Design with Large 2.5” Vari-angle
Superb Image Quality
• Powered by the DIGIC II Imaging Processor for:
- Fast processing computing speed.
- Low power consumption
- True to life color reproduction
• High ISO 800 for steady shots even for fast moving objects
or in low-light shooting conditions.
NEW Safety Zoom
• Possible with the high megapixel count of the
• Intelligently sets to the maximum level that digital zoom
will not deteriorate in image quality.
NEW Digital Tele-converter
• Built into the camera to allow user to
shoot subjects at greater distance, as though an external
tele-converter is used.
• Faster shutter speed at the same viewing angle, creating
greater resistance to blurring even at large magnification.
* The digital tele-converter cannot be set when the recording
pixels are set to widescreen or Postcard Date Imprint.
16:9 Widescreen Still Shooting
• Shoot, view and print still images in
16:9 widescreen format.
• Choose to view 16:9 letterbox format in LCD monitor and
even on a conventional 4:3 TV.
• Print 16:9 widescreen format when connected to Canon CP
printers* using Canon’s wide size papers.
* Under ‘ Pictbridge mode’ connection for CP710/510/
730/ 720 printers. When connected to other CP printers,
connectivity to computer with software is needed.
Point & Shoot Simplicity
• 9-point AiAF (auto-focusing) or single
point AF (fixed to center) ensures the subject is sharply focused
even if it is not in the center.
• 21 shooting modes including 10 special scene modes.
• - The Special Scene modes are pre programmed camera
settings for specific shooting conditions: Fireworks, Snow, Beach,
Indoor, Kids & Pets, Foliage, Night Snapshot, Underwater, Color
Accent, Color Swap
• Vertical/ Horizontal Gridline Display for easy photo
composition and framing.
• Smooth Continuous Shooting capability to shoot continuously
at the same speed until the memory card is full.
(Depends on the type of memory card/ no of recording pixels/
compression rate settings)
• Self-timer function with Custom Timer, which can set a
delay between 0-10secs, 15s, 20s and 30s and number of shots from