• 8.0 megapixel CCD with maximum resolution of 3264 x
2448 pixels, for large impressive high-resolution prints.
• Powered by Canon’s exclusive DIGIC III Imaging
Processor for superior image quality. It boasts significant
improvements in delivering images with razor sharp clarity and
lifelike color reproduction in accelerated processing speed.
• 2.5” vari-angle color LCD monitor with wide
viewing angle for easy composition and viewing of images at
Multiple Face Detection Technology
• Incorporates the Face Detection
AF, Face Detection AE and Face Detection FE, which work
hand-in-hand to capture stunning photos of subjects’ faces
with sharpness and right exposure easily.
- Face Detection AF: Detects as many as 9 subjects’ faces in
a picture. If no faces are detected the AF system automatically
switched to the conventional 9-point AiAF setting.
- Face Detection AE: Focus and exposure are controlled and set
correctly for capturing the human face so that the subject’s
best expression is not missed.
- Face Detection FE: Flash brightness and exposure automatically
adjusted to ideal levels
• Enables Red eye correction during playback
• Keep subject in focus by tracking the faces even during
Superb Optical Performance
• Retractable 12x optical zoom, with up to
48x combined zoom, empowers you to zoom into action over a wide
• The lens is capable of achieving high imaging quality over
the entire zoom range, hence ensuring the camera’s optimum
performance under a variety of shooting conditions –
especially good for sports photography.
Optical Image Stabilizer
• The optical image stabilizer helps to
eliminate camera shake and enables shooting of sharp images even
when shooting subjects that are moving or when shooting from a
- There are 4 control settings under the Image Stabilizer (IS)
1. Off - IS mode is not operational
2. Continuous - Operates in previewing or shooting mode. It
eliminates the problem of camera shake even when shooting a distant
subject at high zoom settings as image check can be done before
pressing the shutter button.
3. Shoot only - Operates when shutter button is fully depressed.
Prevents ‘seasickness effect’ caused by unnatural
movement of the image on the monitor.
4. Panning - Operates only when camera movement in the up/down
direction is detected. Very useful for shooting action packed