Digital IXUS 850
Canon Digital Still
• With UA (Ultra-high Refractive Index Aspherical) Lens
to keep the camera body compact.
• Large 2.5-inch LCD Monitor with wide viewing angle.
- Quick-Bright LCD function increases the brightness of the screen
- Night Display function automatically brightens the subject on the
LCD monitor for easy framing
Superb Image Quality
• Powered by the NEW DIGIC III Imaging Processor
- Faster processing computing speed.
- Improved noise reduction signal processing at high speed
- Lower power consumption
- Higher definition for signal output to LCD monitor
NEW high ISO 1600 reduces camera shake and blurring of fast-moving
subjects even in low-light condition. When the “high-speed
auto” setting is activated, depending on the situation, the
speed is automatically set within the range of ISO80 to
NEW Face Detection Technology
• Incorporates the Face Detection AF and
Face Priority functions, which work hand-in-hand to capture
stunning photos of subjects’ faces with sharpness and right
- Face Detection AF: Detects as many as 9 subjects’ faces in
a picture. If no faces are detected the AF system automatically
switched to the conventional 9-point AiAF setting.
- Face Priority: Automatically determines the ideal exposure
setting for a perfectly-exposed picture even in difficult
situations where subjects are set against a backlit or dark
NEW 28mm Wide angle Shooting with 3.8x Optical Zoom
• First IXUS to
feature a wide-angle lens.
• Capture panoramic scenes easily. (eg. for group portraits
or wide scenary)
Steady Images with Optical Image Stabilizer
• Compensate for camera
shake and reduce the blurring of fast-moving subjects during
NEW Safety Zoom
• Intelligently transits seamlessly from optical to
digital zoom without deterioration in image quality.
16:9 Widescreen Still Shooting
• Shoot, view and print still images in
16:9 widescreen format.
• Choose to view 16:9 letterbox format in LCD monitor and
even on a conventional 4:3 TV.
• Print 16:9 widescreen format when connected to Canon CP
printers* using Canon’s wide size papers.
*Under ‘ Pictbridge mode’ connection for CP710/510/
730/ 720 printers. When connected to other CP printers,
connectivity to computer with software is needed.