Authentic Design with Analog-like Control
• Encased in an elegant,
classic camera body of matt black finishing.
• Complement with a user-friendly analog-like interface,
which enhances the nostalgic user experience, yet is easy to
• Large 2.5-inch LCD Monitor with wide viewing angle.
- Night Display function automatically brightens the subject on the
LCD monitor for easy framing
Superb Image Quality
• Powered by the NEW DIGIC III Imaging Processor
- Faster processing computing speed.
- Improved noise reduction signal processing at high speed
- Lower power consumption
- Higher definition for signal output to LCD monitor
• 6x optical zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer (OIS) to
shoot more close-up and steady pictures.
• NEW high ISO 1600 reduces camera shake and blurring of
fast-moving subjects even in low-light condition. When the
“high-speed auto” setting is activated, depending on
the situation, the speed is automatically set within the range of
ISO80 to 1600.
NEW Face Detection Technology
• Incorporates the Face Detection AF and
Face Priority functions, which work hand-in-hand to capture
stunning photos of subjects’ faces with sharpness and right
- Face Detection AF: Detects as many as 9 subjects’ faces in
a picture. If no faces are detected the AF system automatically
switched to the conventional 9-point AiAF setting.
- Face Priority: Automatically determines the ideal exposure
setting for a perfectly-exposed picture even in difficult
situations where subjects are set against a backlit or dark
NEW Safety Zoom
• Intelligently transits seamlessly from optical to
digital zoom without deterioration in image quality.
NEW Digital Tele-converter
• Built into the camera to allow user to
shoot subjects at greater distance, as though an external
tele-converter is used.
* The digital tele-converter cannot be set when the recording
pixels are set to widescreen or Postcard Date Imprint.
16:9 Widescreen Still Shooting
• Shoot, view and print still images in
16:9 widescreen format.
• Choose to view 16:9 letterbox format in LCD monitor and
even on a conventional 4:3 TV.
• Print 16:9 widescreen format when connected to Canon CP
printers* using Canon’s wide size papers.
*Under ‘ Pictbridge mode’ connection for CP710/510/
730/ 720 printers. When connected to other CP printers,
connectivity to computer with software is needed.
Image Inspection Tool
• Enables dual image display on the LCD to check the
focusing on the selected frame or spots at the touch of a
• Not available in Movie or Stitch Assist modes.