EOS1DS MARK 3
Exceptional Digital SLR Performance
• Ultra high-resolution 21.1-megapixel to record high
• Full-frame CMOS sensor developed and manufactured by Canon,
with noise reduction technology to capture images with greater
clarity and colour fidelity
• Dual “DIGIC III” Imaging Processors for
improved colour reproduction for razor sharp images at accelerated
• 14-bit A/D conversion method also gives images a richer and
smoother tonal expression.
• 3-layer Optical Low Pass Filter for reducing red fringing
and colour casts
• Wide ISO speed range of ISO 100-3200 (1/3-stop increments,
extendable – L: 50/ H: 6400)
• Customisable White Balance Settings
- Enables you to manually set up to 5 different personal custom
white balance options, especially useful when shooting under
multiple lighting conditions as you can switch white balance
setting quickly and easily
- The custom white balance can be registered with up to five images
shot on the spot, in addition to registering it from an image in
the memory card.
- The lowest colour temperature has been extended to 300K, while
selectable range has been expanded to 2500K - 10000K with 100K
• Highlight Tone Priority
- To give your images better colour rendition for a more lifelike
feel, this function improves gradation within highlight areas.
- It effectively preventing your photos from suffering a
‘whitewash’ effect when shooting under bright
• Shoot to Small RAW (sRAW) Type Files
- Able to shoot using a new sRAW image format, which is
approximately a quarter of the pixel count (approx. 2.5 megapixels)
and takes up only half the space of standard RAW Type files
- A handy substitute for the JPEG Type files, sRAW Type can be
processed and adjusted with the provided EOS Utility software. This
is useful for photographers who want the versatility of the RAW
Type for snapshots, but do not require their images to be at the
highest possible resolution.
Speed & Quick Response
• Fast continuous shooting speed of 5 fps (max burst of 56
JPEG Type-Large shots)
• Shutter speeds of 1/8000 sec. and X-Sync speed of 1/250 sec
to capture fast moving subject
• Fast 0.2 sec. startup time
• Burst rate of 12 RAW Type images
Durable Body with Rugged Design
• Magnesium alloy body for toughness and durability
• High shutter durability of 300,000 cycles for outstanding
camera reliability and performance
• Large 3-inch LCD monitor (approx. 230,000 pixels resolution
offers wider viewing angle with visibly clearer images and larger
EOS-1DS MARK 3 New Innovative Features
• Redesigned Control System
for Maximum Operability
- To make the camera more user-friendly, the camera’s control
system was built from ground up to allow it to incorporate new and
innovative features that make it easier to access the various
functions of the camera.
• New Power Supply System
- EOS-1Ds Mark III uses a new 2300mAh High-Capacity Li-ion battery
that is smaller and lighter but lasts up to approx. 1.5 times
longer than its predecessor. Battery life indication can also be
displayed in percentage terms for higher accuracy.
• New External Device Interface
- For faster data transmission, the camera has adopted the USB 2.0
Hi-Speed interface, which has transfer rates of up to 480Mbps. It
comes with a USB cable protector that ensures the cable does not
get disconnected or pulled out accidentally.
• Recording on Secondary Media
- When in shooting mode, the camera can automatically switch to a
secondary media when the main recording media is full. This allows
you to shoot without any interruptions.
- The same image can also be captured in different image sizes of
your choice, and saved separately into the primary or secondary
media. In addition to this, the same image can also be recorded
simultaneously onto all recording media.
- EOS-1Ds Mark III now fully supports High-Capacity SD Cards (SDHC)
that has storage capacities ranging from 2GB to as much as
• Additional Copy and Back-Up Options
- EOS-1Ds Mark III has been enhanced with copying and back-up
options for more flexible media handling.
- User can now copy single images or entire folders from the
camera’s primary (CompactFlash card) to secondary (SD card)
recording media or vice versa.
When used in tandem with the WFT-E2 Wireless File Transmitter, you
can also back-up files and folders from the camera to your computer
or external media using the camera’s Quick Back-Up
Product Code:EOS1DS MARK 3
Camera/Camcorder Accessory Bracket