Atomos Samurai 10-Bit Field Recorder, Monitor and Playback & Playout Device
Product Code: ATOMSAM001
Download Atomos Brochure
Atomos Samurai is a portable touchscreen Professional 10bit 4:2:2 HD Recorder, Monitor, & Playback device that captures pristine
video and audio direct from any camera with HD/SD-SDI. It encodes in real-time to the visually-lossless Apple ProRes format or Avid DNxHD formats, onto low-cost, removable 2 ½ inch hard disks.
You can then review your footage in real-time onto the pristine 5" display or out onto any HD-SDI capable device, including directors monitors & broadcast equipment. With up to 10 hours battery
from the 2 included Lithium Ion Camera batteries, you truly have a deck & monitor in the palm of your hand, a super high quality deck & monitor.
The Atomos Samurai has a super high-resolution 5" HD/SD SDI monitor with an ideal workflow: from sensor to timeline in unparalleled Apple ProRes or Avid DNxHD quality. All the innovative features of AtomOS plus
timecode and genlock and the ability to work with multiple synchronised units over SDI. All the innovative features of the Ninja plus timecode and genlock and the ability to work with
multiple synchronised units. The Atomos Samurai is the portable touchscreen HD/SD-SDI recorder/monitor the world has been waiting for.
The Atomos Samurai builds on the already impressive HDMI based Ninja to bring a host of new production weapons aimed at camera professionals with HD/SD-SDI cameras:
• 5" TFT/LCD 800x480 super high resolution screen
• HD/SD-SDI Connectivity
• Trigger Camera and Samurai Record from Time Code over SDI
• Trigger Camera and Samurai Record from Start/Stop camera flags over SDI - Sony, Canon, Arri, Panasonic, JVC and Red supported.
• 24 PSF support with 24/60i 3:2 Pulldown removal on capture
• SDI Play Out or Loop-Though: connect to an external broadcast monitor or director's monitor and record and playback on set
Long cable lengths
Time Code and Gen Lock support
3D support with 2 Samurais Genlocked
Multi Camera Support
More Professional Cameras with better lenses and sensors
|• Ultra-compact and lightweight color video camera incorporating a high-sensitivity, high-performance 1/3-type Super HAD II CCD.
• Equipped with several new features, including one-push white balance, noise reduction (2D/3D), a built-in color bar, DTL function and RS-232C support.
• Uses an NF lens system which can easily be converted into a flexible C-Mount lens. What's more, it's easily integrated into space-restricted environments thanks to its one-piece compact and robust body.
• Combination of first-class picture quality with superb sensitivity for less-than-ideal lighting conditions makes this camera well-suited for a wide range of applications And transforms your video production by:
• Eliminating the need for capture cards and wasted time logging and capturing by avoiding the lossy, time consuming capture-to-edit process.
• Bypassing the image-degrading compression needed to squeeze HD onto in-camera flash storage.
• Providing limitless and cheap storage through the use of removable 2 ½ inch hard disks.
• Including all accessories in one rugged case - Batteries, Chargers, Disk Caddies and a PC/Mac docking station.
• Recording to a high quality editing codec at the camera in the field: simple.
• Recycling older cameras with obsolete tape and compression technology and updating them with a modern, high-quality file-based workflow
|• Atomos Continuous Battery Technology
Atomos' unique battery-looping technology means that you never have to interrupt a
Samurai recording to swap power cells. Just unplug the old battery and replace it with a fully charged one. We call it Continuous Power!
• Ultra-Low Power for Long Running Times
The Atomos Samurai consumes very little power, and is designed from the ground up to be a low power device to ensure long recording times and efficient use of batteries. Creating portable equipment with an
ultra-low power consumption is an expertise that we're pleased to have in-house at Atomos. Cutting power consumption leads to affordable running costs, a more efficient workflow and a financial
improvement for your business.
• Tough Aluminium Body
Strong, light and portable, the super-tough aluminium chassis weighs in at 550g excluding disks and batteries and 900g fully loaded with batteries and disk. The Samurai can be mounted almost
anywhere using it's top and bottom ¼" tripod screw thread mounting points.
• Record direct to Apple ProRes HQ, 422, LT and Avid DNxHD 220x, 220 & 145*
Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHD are included in every
Samurai running AtomOS 4.0 or later. You will need to activate the
Samurai to enable Avid DNxHD recording. Once activated, you will have the
option to record to both Apple ProRes 10 bit (HQ, 422 or LT) and Avid DNxHD (220x 10-bit, 220 8-bit or 145 8bit). Actual bit rates are dependent on input video for each Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHD format.
• Pristine Playout, Broadcast and Review!
Atomos Samurai 5” 800 x 480 16:9 screen to review
and instantly navigate through your clips. Review an entire day’s shoot on-set or on the way home, with high-quality playback and comprehensive clip navigation controls. Instantly show
your material to production colleagues, clients or talent, and check each shot in detail, during or after the shoot.
Play out footage on-set via SDI or HDMI*, on any size of screen, direct from Apple ProRes or Avid DNxHD* in uncompressed HD quality. No need to transfer files to a computer: just touch “Play” on the Samurai touchscreen.
Your Full HD recordings anywhere, with up to of 10 hours playback on one battery charge (and don’t forget our patent-pending Continuous Power for
Use Samurai to play directly on-air from a remote location: full quality HD-SDI playback from a deck in the palm of your hand. In the studio, genlock your Samurai’s playout with any genlocked SDI source on the Samurai input.
• Infinite Affordable 2.5" Storage
2.5" spinning disks or flash memory-based SSD's are the most reliable and affordable types of storage on the planet. Use super-cheap spinning disks (up to 750GB HDD) for everyday studio and
event work and switch instantly to flash based SSD's to give you the robust recording in vibration-sensitive or harsh recording environments. This is the same flash memory as in Compact Flash,
SxS, P2 and SDHC cards but at a fraction the cost.
• Touch Screen, Monitor, Playback
Atomos Samurai is simple to use as well, with a no-nonsense, intuitive touchscreen that doubles as a viewfinder and playback monitor.
Atomos Samurai eliminates the need for a
separate monitor, external high quality recorder and large battery by combining these three pro-video essentials in into one clever portable device.
Atomos Samurai takes you into the efficient and cost-effective world of file-based workflows. By recording directly to a production-quality, edit-friendly format, it bypasses
the camera’s codec and eliminates the time-consuming capture process.
The Atomos Samurai’s tight integration with Apple ProRes® and Avid DNxHD* means recorded footage is instantly and natively
And remember – Apple ProRes® and Avid DNxHD* are better editing codecs than long-GOP delivery or in-camera codecs like MPEG2, AVCHD etc – easily exceeding broadcast production
bitrate requirements. Simply insert your Master Caddy Disk into the Docking Station (FW800 & USB 3/2) to start editing instantly – or transfer your footage to a SAN or NAS for central
storage and collaborative editing.
Expandore electronics Pte Ltd