• Broadcast sound quality
• Low noise circuitry
• Condenser transducer
• Rugged metal construction
• Two step High Pass Filter (Flat/80Hz)
• P48 phantom power or AA battery option
• Low handling noise
• Low weight - 161g (5.17 oz.)
• Includes mic clip, wind sheild and zip case
• Ideal for professional applications within the film, video, television and
• 10 year extended warranty when you register online
The RØDE NTG2 is a lightweight condenser shotgun microphone, designed for
professional applications within the film, video, television and production
Its full frequency response, low noise and audio transparency make it an ideal
film, video, and voice over microphone, while its low weight (161gm/5.7oz
without battery) makes it an ideal boom microphone.
In addition to the native 20Hz-20kHz frequency response a selectable high-pass
filter at 80Hz is available, which will prevent low end noise such as air
conditioners and traffic from being recorded.
The NTG2 operates either from a AA (1.5V) battery or P48 phantom power which can
be supplied by professional cameras, audio recorders and power supplies. The
battery power option makes the NTG2 ideal for scenarios where the camera does
not supply phantom power such as DSLR video.
The WSVM windshield is supplied to minimise light wind noise and plosives during
recording. The optional 'DeadCat' furry is recommended for outdoor applications.
The RØDE NTG2 shotgun microphone is designed and made in Australia, and covered
by RØDE Microphones' industry leading 10 year warranty.
The package includes
• NTG2 Multi-powered Shotgun Microphone
• RM5 Durable Microphone Clip
• WSVM Wind Shield / Pop Filter
• ZP1 Padded Zip Pouch