• Externally biased condenser
• Cardioid or Omni polar pattern using included interchangable capsules
• Gold sputtered 1/2” capsule
• Three position PAD - 0dB, -10dB and -20dB
• Three position High-Pass Filter - flat, 75Hz and 150Hz
• Surface mount circuitry
• Low noise
• Available as Certified Matched Pair
• 10 year extended warranty when you register online
Like the NT5, the RØDE NT55 is a small-diaphragm, true-condenser cardioid
microphone, sometimes referred to as a 'pencil mic'. The NT55 adds both a three
position pad (0, -10dB, -20dB) and three stage high pass filter (Off, 75Hz,
150Hz), and includes the interchangeable NT45-O omnidirectional capsule.
Intended for recording acoustic instruments, drum overheads, cymbals and live
performances, the compact externally polarized mic employs a 1/2" capsule, an
active J-FET impedance converter with bipolar output buffer.
Its tight cardioid pickup pattern also makes it ideal for use as an indoor
dialogue microphone for filmmaking on a mic stand or boom.
Finished in durable satin nickel, the NT55 available as a single microphone or
as an acoustically matched pair.
The NT55 is designed and made in Australia, and covered by RØDE's industry
leading 10 year warranty.
The package includes
• NT-55 Multi-pattern 1/2" Condenser Microphone
• RM5 Durable Microphone Clip
• NT45-O Interchangeable