• Superior broadcast sound quality
• High Sensitivity
• Supercardiod polar pattern
• Highly directional polar response
• Natural sounding audio both on and off-axis
• Designed to withstand adverse environmental conditions
• Extremely low handling noise
• High level of immunity to radio frequency interference
• True Condenser (external RF biased)
• Includes weatherproof aluminum cylinder for transport, SM8 shock mount and
• 10 year extended warranty when you register online
Based on RØDE's award winning NTG3 shotgun microphone, the NTG8 is a broadcast
quality RF-bias shotgun microphone that exhibits increased directionality across
a wide frequency response range. This makes the NTG8 the perfect microphone for
film, television, sports and outdoor broadcasting, live performance, and any
professional distance miking application.
Like the NTG3, the NTG8 features low self-noise, natural sound without
colouration both on and off-axis, and RF bias technology to ensure that it is
almost completely resistant to high humidity environments which could cause
other condenser microphones to fail.
The NTG8 is finished in matte black and supplied with a specially designed shock
mount (SM8) that is engineered to provide excellent handling noise isolation,
cable management and versatile mounting options for the microphone. A rugged
weatherproof aluminium cylinder is also included, providing ultimate protection
for the microphone when in transport or storage. The WSNTG8 windshield completes
the package, providing light environmental protection.
The RØDE NTG8 long shotgun microphone is designed in Australia and covered by
RØDE Microphones' industry leading 10 year warranty.
The package includes
• NTG8 RF-bias Long Shotgun Microphone
• SM8 Shock Mount
• WSNTG8 Wind Screen
• RCNTG8 Storage Cylinder