Nucomm ProQ DTV IFB Solution for ENG over ATSC
Product Code: ProQDTVIFBSystem
|The Nucomm ProQ DTV
IFB system offers a cost-effective, highperformance approach to delivering
multiple low-latency audio IFB channels over a DTV broadcast transmission.
The complete ProQ DTV IFB solution includes the ProQ LLAM (low-latency audio
multiplexer) and one or more ProQ DTV IFB receivers. The ProQ LLAM is integrated
into the broadcast environment, usually immediately before the STL. The ProQ
system also offers an expansion system for the LLAM that simplifies the process
of feeding audio cueing and remote control signals into the ProQ LLAM.
Until the ProQ system, digital IFB systems have suffered from either bit
inefficiency or high latency. With the ProQ system, audio latency can be as
little as 80 ms, while up to 8 separate remote cueing channels can be supported
within one 250 kbps data channel.
Audio cueing channels with the ProQ LLAM are processed with an MPEG Layer1/Layer
2 audio encoder and multiplexed into a single 250 kbps data channel, with each
IFB subchannel clearly identified for easy reception by the appropriate remote
talent and crew.
The output of the ProQ audio encoder is multiplexed with the air channel,
creating a single DTV transport stream. The ProQ LLAM also provides a fail-safe
pass-through switch that ensures that the over-the-air signal is not
compromised, even if the ProQ LLAM were to fail.
- ProQ Low-Latency Audio Multiplexer
- MPEG Layer 1/Layer 2 audio encoding
- Encodes and multiplexes up to 8 audio cueing channels within one 250 kbps data
stream (2 channels standard; optional groups of 2 channels)
- Audio latency as low as 80 ms
- Includes pass-through switch for broadcast transport stream
- ProQ Receiver
- Dual-diversity UHF/VHF silicon tuners and dual 6th generation VSB demodulators
- MPEG Layer 1/Layer 2 audio decoding
- Cost-effective, high-performance IFB
communications system between broadcast studios and news vehicles, remote news
bureaus and live sports event coverage
- Versatile, high speed IP communications between
studios and remote vehicles and locations, enabling video file transfers when
used with the Nucomm Messenger IP encapsulator system