Firmware v2018.03 Samsung 860 Pro
/ EVO Support, Apollo Goes Underwater VR, Dive into Varicam LT RAW, Odyssey7Q+
Most Comprehensive Monitor / Recorder on the market and more!
Download v2018.03 Today!
Convergent Design is pleased to announce expanded support for the new Samsung
860 EVO (1TB) and 860 Pro (512GB and 1TB) SSDs. This marks our 18th firmware
update to our family of Odyssey and Apollo recorder/monitor products!
"Over the past years, we have added a significant amount of new features and
capabilities, including comprehensive image tools, advanced 3D LUTs, ProRes and
Uncompressed 444 Recording, expanded RAW support and Avid DNxHD. Titan HD
extract was recently added as a free upgrade for all our Odyssey and Apollo
products. This unmatched feature set continues to position the Odyssey and
Apollo as the premiere on-camera monitor/recorder products in our industry",
noted Mike Schell, President of Convergent Design.
Keeping your firmware up to date is always a good idea and Odyssey/Apollo
firmware v2018.03 makes it even better! Visit our website to find out more about
the new features and get the latest firmware today!
View Firmware v2018.03 Release Notes at
Odyssey7Q+ Included Features
• Superior Design, Cast Magnesium, lightweight, low power, Dual SSD Design
• Unmatched Image Quality with OLED.
• Apple ProRes 4K, UHD, 2k, HD
• Avid DNxHD
• Apple ProRes 4444 / 444XQ
• 444 Uncompressed (DPX) support
• Monitor 1 Record 1 HD ProRes two camera support
• Fully Customizable Monitoring Tools: Vectorscope, False Color and Spot Meter
• Advanced 3D LUT System, Apply LUTs independently to outputs and the display.
• Anamorphic Support for Super 35, Full Frame, and Lumix cameras.
• 4K /UHD to 2k /HD Apple ProRes Recording
• Extended Record time with Dual SSD Design
• Quad HD Monitoring -Monitor up to 4 inputs any mix of frame rates.
• Titan HD Extract from 4K/UHD HDMI, 6G, Dual 3G, Quad 3G SDI Cameras.-Free
• Titan HD Extract from Sony FSRAW cameras (Sony FS5, FS7, FS7 MKII, FS700)
Odyssey7Q+ Upgrade Features
Odyssey Raw Bundle
• Extensive Raw Support including(ARRI, Canon Sony, Panasonic, IO Industries,
• Extensive Raw to ProRes Support for Sony and Canon Cameras.
• Titan HD Extract Sony Raw to ProRes Support -Free
• Dual HD Apple ProRes Recording -Included
• Extended Record time or High Frame Rate Recording with Dual SSD Design
• Rental Option -Rent per 24 hour period as needed.
• Apple Quad HD ProRes -Record up to four cameras + Live Switch or Quad View
• Avid Quad DNxHD -Record up to four cameras + Live Switch or Quad View
• Apple Dual 4K ProRes -Record two 4K /UHD cameras using (HDMI, 6G, 3G Dual
• Match Cameras on set faster and easier than before with apollo monitoring
• AV Align -Fix audio Issues on set, and save time in post.
• 32 Channels Audio Support 8
• Avoid Data Wrangling -Synced File Names, timecode, audio, and codec.
• Rental Option -Rent per 24 hour period as needed.
If you are looking for a capable, versatile advanced monitor for your use, the
Convergent Design Odyssey 7Q+ is the right solution for you. This model comes with a whole range of features that will
amaze you and enhance your video recording experience. It supports different file formats including Apple ProRes, Uncompressed DPX and RAW (this includes with Record Options). You can record these files
through HDMI and SDI using different recording modes such as HD/UHD/2K and 4K. The OLED monitor available with this model gives the best imaging results with 1280x800 pixels that define colors
accurately, extending the color gamut and displaying true blacks as it is.
Odyssey 7Q+ comes with extensive tools for image analysis including RGB Histogram, Pixel Zoom, a three-mode Focus Assist, an RGB waveform and a monitoring LUTs. The monitor also comes with a
Multi-Stream Monitoring Mode that makes it possible to view up to 4 HD videos at once in a split-screen or live-switching them in full-screen mode. This is a portable model weighing just over a
pound and is an inch thick, making it a great option for in-field assignments. The Odyssey 7Q+ can run on any power source that ranges between 6.5 and 34 volts.
There is no other recorder in the world that can record in as many formats as the Odyssey 7Q+. It records in HD/2K up to 60p and in UHD/4K up to 30p. The monitor can also record HD Apple ProRes422
and provides other record options for rent or purchase including Canon Cinema RAW (C500), RAW, ARRIRAW (ALEXA) and Sony FS RAW (FS7/FS700 and POV RAW). With the Canon Cinema RAW and FS RAW, the
monitor also allows for the conversion of RAW signals into video Apple ProRes 422(HQ). For a high data load and long hours of recording, the monitor comes with 2 SSD slots that support up to 1TB sizes.
Monitoring and Multi-Stream Monitoring
Odyssey 7Q+ comes with a 1280x800 resolution, 7.7" OLED screen that is highly accurate on colors. To complement its features, the model comes with tools for analyzing images and these include a
programmable False Color, a histogram, a waveform, and Pixel Zoom that can be finger-dragged. Other image analysis tools included are a three -mode Focus Assist and LUTs, which are used in providing
better views of the LOG and RAW modes. Programmable LUTs will be released shortly. With the Odyssey 7Q+, you can also view as many as four HD video signals concurrently by quad-splitting the screen
or live-switching the videos in Full Screen Mode. This makes the camera a great option for internet streamed productions and multi-camera shoots.
Odyssey 7Q+ remains relevant with improved camera recording options. This is so since regular firmware updates on the model continue to expand its capabilities making it applicable today and
in the future. Odyssey 7Q+ monitors are compatible with all modern cameras, and once you add an SSD, the monitor is ready to shoot.
The Full Deck controls coupled with the touchscreen enhances the playback of clips. With an
Odyssey 7Q+ monitor, you can playback all formats instantly once you need to. There are clip markers on
ProRes files that help highlight important materials. The monitor also makes it possible to access analysis tools on Play mode.
Versatile and Affordable
When features are compared against price, no modern camera will beat the Odyssey 7Q+, which ranks as a top on-camera model.
Design and Power
The Odyssey 7Q+ has been cleverly designed using a magnesium alloy. This makes the case durable and easy to lift at slightly over 560gms. The monitor also has a low power consumption rate at 8-19W
and can run with anything between 6.5-34V. Its design involves no fans and hence lacks elements such as noise which makes it quite a comfortable monitor to use.
Country with 7Q+ in Stock
7. Hong Kong
Click here for Specifications