Convergent Design Apollo Portable Multicamera Live Switcher/Recorder
|Home > Mainpage > Apollo|
|Convergent Design Announces Support for Panasonic VariCam LT 240fps 2K RAW, and DNxHD for Odyssey and Apollo
Panasonic announced a free firmware update that adds a 2K RAW up to 240fps to the VariCam LT. All available RAW outputs will be supported by Convergent Design in the Raw Bundle for Odyssey7Q+ and Odyssey7Q via a free firmware update in June 2017.
"We are excited to announce our continued support for the Panasonic VariCam LT. The 2K 240fps update fits nicely into the Odyssey Raw Bundle high frame rate support, and adds versatility to the VariCam LT. The Odyssey and VariCam LT are an ideal pairing and we look forward to our joint firmware release," said Mike Schell, President of Convergent Design.
Convergent Design will also release free firmware in May supporting Avid DNxHD 4:2:2 for the Odyssey7Q+ and Odyssey7Q in single-channel recording, and for Apollo and Apollo Option multi-camera HD. This upcoming release will support bit rates of 220Mb and 145Mb up to 60p from HD video sources. Broadcast applications, especially in Apollo multi-camera operation, will enjoy a native Avid workflow.
Firmware v2017.06 Is Ready to Go....
With this update our team is bringing Odyssey and Apollo owners something to really get excited about. Titan HD Extract is now available as a FREE upgrade for both Odyssey and Apollo. The Odyssey RAW Bundle now supports Panasonic Varicam LT RAW at up to 2K/240fps, we've also added Avid DNxHD Recording to both Odyssey and Apollo just to name a few of the things we've been working on.
"This is our 17th major firmware update to our family of Odyssey and Apollo recorder/monitor products. Over the past few years, we have added significant new features and capabilities, including comprehensive monitor tools, 3D LUTs, multi-channel recording options, ProRes 4444, and greatly expanded the RAW support. Avid DNxHD support rounds out the feature set and continues to position the Odyssey and Apollo as the premiere on-camera monitor/recorder products in our industry", noted Mike Schell, President of Convergent Design.
Keeping your firmware up to date is always a good idea and Odyssey/Apollo firmware v2017.06 makes it even better! Visit our website to find out more about the new features and get the latest firmware today!
Firmware v2017.07 Download Now
VariCam LT RAW Support up to 2K/240fps
The ultimate addition to the Odyssey RAW Bundle for VariCam LT users is here! Our team has worked closely with Panasonic to enable RAW recording at up to 2K/240fps (as well as 4K/60fps) from the amazing Panasonic VariCam LT on the Odyssey7Q and Odyssey7Q+. Already own the Odyssey RAW Bundle? Great news...just update your device to firmware v2017.07. If you haven't purchased the Odyssey RAW Bundle yet then visit us online at Convergent-Design.com to upgrade to the best RAW recording solution available on the market today!
Avid DNxHD up to 1080p50/60
Through this update, both Apollo and Odyssey get Avid DNxHD support at both 145 and 220 Mbps data-rates for common HD formats (1080i50/60, 720p50/60, and 1080p25/30) as well as 1080p50/60 video. The compressed video files are recorded in a QuickTime wrapper (.mov extension). Odyssey7Q/7Q+ can record a single stream of DNxHD, while the Apollo (or Odyssey w/ Apollo Option) can record up to 4 independent streams simultaneously.
The addition of DNxHD in particular makes the Apollo a very attractive solution for multi-cam ENG and news magazine shoots. In addition, a new transfer tool (Convergent Design Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHD Transfer Tool 3.0" or "CD Transfer 3.0" for short) is now available, that supports both Apple ProRes, or Avid DNxHD recordings, (Note that DNxHD users must use the new version of the transfer tool.)
NOTE: Visit your Account page to view your devices and generate a DNxHD Activation key.
NEW FEATURES: APOLLO & APOLLO OPTION (ODYSSEY7Q+/7Q)
Quad-HD: Avid DNxHD .Mov Support
• Simultaneously record up to four streams of Avid DNxHD 220 or 145Mb.
• 1080p 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, 60
• 1080i 50, 59.94;
• 720p 50, 59.94, 60
Note: Activation Key required (free) to enable Quad-HD DNxHD .Mov Support.
Quad-HD Quad-Split: Timecode Option
• Option to "deselect" or select a Timecode window which is baked into the Quad-Split recorded image in Quad-HD Apple ProRes, or Avid DNxHD Recordings.
NEW FEATURES: ODYSSEY RAW BUNDLE (ODYSSEY7Q+/7Q)
Panasonic Varicam LT 2k/ HD 240p Support
• Record RAW in CinemaDNG from the Panasonic Varicam LT
• Variframe Supported from 2->240 fps
• HD LT RAW -> HD CinemaDNG 23.98, 25, 29.97, 50, 59.94, 100, 120, 200, 240
• 2K LT RAW -> 2K CinemaDNG 23.98, 25, 29.97, 50, 59.94, 100, 120, 200, 240
NEW FEATURES: ODYSSEY ( ODYSSEY7Q+/7Q/)
HD DNxHD .Mov Support
• Single Channel Recording to Avid DNxHD 4:2:2 at 220 or 145 Mb.
• 1080p 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, 60
• 1080i 50, 59.94; 720p 50, 59.94, 60
• 720p 50, 59.94
Note: Activation Key required (free) to enable HD DNxHD .Mov Support.
NEW FEATURES: ALL MODELS (APOLLO, ODYSSEY7Q+/7Q/7)
8-Channel Audio / 2-Channel Audio Selection
• Selection is now available for Embedded Audio to be either 8-Channel or 2-Channel in various record modes including:
o HD/2K Apple ProRes
o HD Avid DNxHD
o 4K/UHD Apple ProRes
o Quad HD Apple ProRes
o Quad HD Avid DNxHD
Note: 8-channel audio not available in RAW, RAW->Apple ProRes, DPX, or Apple ProRes 4444 modes
FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS
• FIXED Input loss Recovery with Avid DNxHD Files
• FIXED 2:3 Pulldown Support
• FIXED Audio issue found with QT files and Telestream
• IMPROVED Source Naming added to XML file
Odyssey RAW Bundle
• FIXED Varicam LT MetaData Issue with Non-Smart Lenses
• FIXED Rare Canon RAW -> Apple ProRes frame issue
• FIXED Rare CanonRAW -> Random Touches
• FIXED Rare ARRIRAW -> Random Touches
• FIXED Sony 4k 100/120 fps burst -> HD/2K Apple Prores half length recording
• IMPROVED Playback Scrubbing artifacts of RAW recordings
• IMPROVED Record Button Allowed with FS5/FS700 4K 100/120 burst, All Modes, allowing users to record 4k 50/60p via record button and 4k 100/120 with camera trigger
• FIXED Apple Prores Playback Scrubbing artifact in lower right corner.
• FIXED Issues associated with Computer Generated Images
• FIXED occasional black playback in Apple Prores
• FIXED corruption issue when new generation Samsung 850 EVO drive
• IMPROVED Voltage Display Accuracy.
• IMPROVED Dual 6G SDI Support.
• IMPROVED Playback Quality with all Apple ProRes recordings
• IMPROVED Detection of 4K 50/60p signals.
• RESTORE DEFAULTS: Is now automatically performed on power-up immediately after a firmware update (a dialog alerts user when this happens). Please note settings before updating, and adjust settings as needed after updating.
CD Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHD Transfer Tool 3.0 (Updated)
• Support Added for Avid DNxHD Files, Note DNxHD recordings will not work with previous transfer tool.
• Windows and Mac versions available
Avid DNxHD .MOV File Support with QuickTime Player 7
• "Avid Codec LE" must be installed on systems you wish to play Avid DNxHD files in Quicktime Player (Mac or PC) . http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/download/Avid-QuickTime-Codecs-LE
Avid DNxHD .MOV NLE Support
Avid DNxHD .MOV AMA Support
Country with Apollo in Stock