Blackmagic URSA PL
All it takes is one innovative product to revolutionize an entire
industry, and this is precisely what Blackmagic URSA PL Digital Camera has done for the film and television production industry.
Film and television production crews no longer have to deal with
the logistics of shifting multiple large and unwieldy production equipment from one place to another.
The Blackmagic URSA PL Digital Camera effectively provides the
entire set of equipment required for filming into one compact and portable technology design.
The Blackmagic URSA PL Digital Camera with you, organizing workflow on set is now a breeze equipped as it is with a 10 inch flip out
super bright screen that allows you to see clearly even when shooting in bright sunlight. There is the added delight of finding two smaller 5 inch screens on either side of the camera for better
focus which are only revealed when you flip out the larger screen. Undoubtedly the world's biggest viewfinder, the 10 inch screen allows you to achieve superb focus to nail the perfect shot right
down to the minutest detail even when you are shooting in Ultra HD, a definite improvement upon the struggles of achieving focus on the hitherto small screen. Also the screen is the screen is also
equipped in with ultra wide viewing angle to enable you to see crystal clear images even when the screen is tilted and panned to extreme angles.
The smaller 5 inch screens are not just any screens, they can
arguably be called one of the most advanced intuitive touch screen that allow easy interface with the camera for better control and monitoring during shooting. But this is just the tip of the
The Blackmagic URSA PL Digital Camera is loaded with features that can be used for any number of high end production purposes, from shooting small advertisements and music videos to long feature
films and documentaries and anything else besides. Some of the more advanced features include
- World's first user field upgradeable camera
- Designed for feature films, television commercials and more
- Dual Recorders for Non Stop Recording
- Built in On Set Monitoring
- Two Extra 5" Touch Screens
- Super 35 wide dynamic range 4K sensor
- Rugged, lightweight and future proof
- Large 10" Viewfinder
But what truly sets the Blackmagic URSA PL Digital Camera apart from the rest is the new Super 35 size sensor with 15 stops of dynamic range.
Even the best in class high end digital cameras cannot boast of
producing anything close to the kind of results that the 4.6K image sensor is capable of producing with its ability to capture a shot in spectacular 4608 x 2592 pixels with 15 stops of dynamic
Apart from the super large size of the sensor that allows you to achieve the perfect shot detailing under all light conditions, whether you are shooting in the dark or in bright sunlight, there
is the added advantage of working with dual recorders that allow you to record continuously without have to take a break in between for change of media.
What's new in Blackmagic Camera Setup 4.0
Blackmagic URSA Mini 4.6K and 4K
• New URSA Mini OS.
• New heads up display.
• New menu system to allow faster operation.
• New monitoring options separately configurable for
different SDI outputs.
• Added ability to load 3D LUTs (Look Up Table) for monitoring.
• Added ability to save and load camera settings presets.
New Heads Up Display Features
• Swipe up or down to show and hide the heads up display.
• Added pan-able focus zoom.
• Added ability to change frame rate directly from heads up
• Added ability to change iris from heads up display on electronic lenses.
• Added ability to toggle timecode or duration from heads up display.
• Added ability to toggle favorite off-speed frame rate
• Added ability to change shutter angle from heads up display.
• Added flicker free shutter angle suggestions.
• Added manual shutter angle option for up to 2 decimal
• Added indicators for genlock, timecode status, and sensor window in heads up display.
• Added ability to change ISO from heads up display.
• Added ability to change white balance from heads up
• Added white balance presets including daylight, tungsten, fluorescent, mixed lighting, and overcast.
• Added tint control.
• Added auto white balance feature.
• Added audio input and headphone level control from the
heads up display.
• Added media status page for formatting cards and media information.
• Added ability to toggle battery indicator from heads up
• Added monitoring option controls from heads up display including zebra, focus assist, frame guide and grids.
New Metadata Features
• Improved slate and metadata functionality.
• Added lens data information to slate metadata.
• Added auto-fill lens metadata from electronically
• Changed slate shortcut from a single tap to a sideways swipe on the LCD.
New Record Features
• Added additional ProRes resolutions for URSA Mini 4.6K
including 4.6K 16x9, 4.6K 2.4:1, 4K DCI, 3K Anamorphic, 2K 16x9 and 2K DCI.
• Added additional RAW resolutions for URSA Mini 4.6K
including 4.6K 2.4:1, 4K 16x9, 3K Anamorphic, 2K 16x9 and HD.
• Added option to select the preferred card for
New Monitor Features
• Improved screen colorimetry for the built in LCD.
• Added ability to switch 3D LUT on and off for each output
• Added ability to switch false color, zebras, focus assist, frame guides, grids and safe area guide on or off for each output
• Added clean feed toggle for each output.
• Added program tally indicator for the built in LCD and
Front SDI when using ATEM.
• Added monitoring option for tally, crosshairs and centre
dot as part of grids.
• Added 14:9 frame guides.
• Added configurable safe area guides.
• Expanded options for focus assist to include red, green,
blue, black and white as well as peaking.
• Added option for viewing codec and resolution setting
instead of meters on the built in LCD.
New Settings Features
• Added ability to program function buttons as a preset for
frame rate, iris, white balance, ISO or shutter angle.
• Added ability to program function buttons for Up or Down
frame rate, iris, white balance, ISO or shutter angle.
• Added ability to program function buttons as a toggle for clean feed, display LUT, frame guides, focus assist, false color,
zebra, grids, safe area guides, off-speed and color bars.
• Added flicker free shutter frequency selection for 50Hz or
• Added support for drop frame timecode.
• Added ability to trigger color bars from camera.
• Added factory reset function.
• Added hardware ID display.
• Added software version display.
New Presets Features
• Added ability to create up to 12 global camera settings presets.
• Added ability import and export camera presets to CFast
New 3D LUT Features
• Added ability to monitor with 3D LUTs.
• Added ability to import 3D LUT from CFast media.
• Added ability to store up to 6 custom 17 point or 33 point
LUTs into the camera's internal flash memory.
• Added the ability to export one of the camera's 3D LUTs to
CFast media so you can pass the 3D LUT to a colorist or editor.
• Added ability to delete 3D LUT from camera's internal
New General Features
• Improved timecode functionality for external timecode and
• Improved white balance performance.
• Added option for single clip or all clip playback.
• Added loop playback feature.
Blackmagic URSA Viewfinder
• Improved colorimetry for viewfinder.
• Improved proximity sensor sensitivity.
• Improved proximity sensor timeout settings.
• Improved frame guide appearance.
• Added support for URSA Mini OS metadata settings.
• Added support for new frame guides, safe area guides and
• Added menu items for configuring overlay settings.